Wednesday, April 22, 2009

ize learnin bout country-ish life

1.) My new neighbor is not a French horn.

Thirty-seven years of city living and I'm justifiably perplexed at having a neighbor who brays. Each and every time I think someone is blowing a horn. But, voila: my new neighbor.


2.) There are no hyena's in Colorado (or America, for that matter)

It's late, almost 1:00am. I take the dogs outside for a before-bed bathroom break. They aimlessly wander the yard while I stand nearby looking up at the dark sky.

Suddenly, an eerie sound erupts in the distance ... I freeze, turn my head toward the creepy cacophony.

I go inside and ask Court, "Is that a hyena I just heard?"

He raises an eyebrow and gives me a look that says "REALLY?" (Translation: "Did I marry an idiot?")

And he goes to bed.

3.) Squirrels can jump 3-feet, scale chain links, and feast on corncobs while bobbing on a spring.

Who knew these little critters were so skillful. Of course, so far the only creatures chomping on Court's corn are birds. But, he assures me: those squirrels can get to that corn. They just don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment