Friday, August 14, 2009

and all i got was this lousy...

It's been one week since I walked the Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon and I'm just now able to move all my extremities... sans pain.

The starting line was at 8,500 feet. This I knew, before the race.

So it's a bit of a mystery why I didn't eat dinner the night before... why I went to bed at 2am... why I only had a Luna Bar for breakfast... why I didn't bring water with me on race day...

I wasn't, clearly, concerned with walking 13.2 miles at 8,500 ft because I thought, how bad can walking be, really.

I mean, it's walking.

I was peachy until mile 11. At which point, I met Nausea.

Shortly after I was visited by Dizziness.

Who was trailed mere moments later by OhLordyI'mGoingToHurl.

I crossed the finish line only to learn it was several MORE blocks to where I could retrieve my commemorative "I Almost Puked, Fainted and Died Walking 13 Miles on No Food, Water or Sleep" t-shirt.

And yet,

I would have crawled, literally raked my body across the expanse of hot concrete, to get that cheap piece of cotton... and I nearly did.

1 comment:

  1. ohmygawd! You blog! I blog! How great that you blog! I'm all excited to be a reader! Of course I typed this before I read, so heading back for some reading. Yayyyy!

    ReplyDelete