Sunday, October 4, 2009

really. but.

Dear Grandpa,

Thanks for letting me stay in your guest room. The bed was really comfy. The pillows were satisfyingly fluffy. The night lite made me feel safe.

You are a good host. And yet,

I do have one humble request...

I don't want to seem ungrateful. Because, you know, I am grateful. For a place to crash. For you being all laid back about my friends invading your house, en masse. And for you just being your plain old darn agreeable self.

Really.

But,

CAN YOU REMOVE FROM THE GUEST ROOM THE CLANGING CACOPHONOUS CLOCK THAT CHIMES AND CLUCKS AND SQUAWKS EVERY BLASTED HOUR - ON THE HALF HOUR AND THE HOUR - ALL. NIGHT. LONG.?

Please.

























Respectfully and with gobs of grateful love,

Your granddaughter, who is, somewhat sleepless in Seattle.

P.S. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment