Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 26: simple pleasures
























lately i'm running
feet pounding dirt at dusk
with my ipod and
wearing my favorite yellow shirt
in which, for some peculiar reason,
i run faster
and longer.

in near darkness, i run
and discover a lucidity in the absence of detail
where dirt and sweat and night all melt into
a white wave of ambivalence
into silence
where noise scatters to dark caverns
and beauty assembles:
moonlight glances off amber fields
mountains contour against an undecided sky
and cornfields sway in a balmy evening breeze.

and the singer on the ipod says,
"heaven holds a sense of wonder
and i wanted to believe"
and i believe at every turn.

rounding one more corner
i believe
forging another dirt road
i believe
kicking up dust, i run
and what enfolds me, propels me
clings to me
is the beat to which my feet keep time.

and the music says,
"i have seen you
in this white wave
you are silent
you are breathing
in this white wave"

and I have
i've seen you
silent
lingering in fields of amber
silhouetted in contoured mountains
the breeze dancing along beside me

and this running
i could sail forever
and stay here with you
in this secret place of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment