Monday, September 27, 2010

Days 71-77: Peru

There's a story for each photo here and how I wish I had time to tell them all.

What I can say is, I fell head-over-heels in love with the innocence, beauty and wide-eyed wonder of Peruvian children. Amazingly and overwhelmingly in love and utterly covetous. And while my immigration paperwork warned against smuggling fruit and animals back into the U.S., it was surprisingly silent on the subject of popping two or ten cute kids in my backpack and heading for home. Thankfully I was raised better.

Besides, my pockets, suitcase, overhead luggage compartment and every other nook and cranny was bursting at the seams already with items of near equal beauty so there simply wasn't room for such exports.

I must say, it helped upon arriving home to be able to say, "But honey, I could have brought home TEN ridiculously cute Peruvian children instead." Suddenly all else seemed a whole lot more palatable.

Strategic planning. That's what I call that.

















No comments:

Post a Comment