Wednesday, March 25, 2009

if i pull my head up, pass me a french fry

If you find yourself lost in reverie, wondering how I'm passing my final days in my cute Burien bungalow, here's a look at two distinct possibilities.

  1. I've burrowed my head in denial deep beneath my six pillows and am pretending I'm a renunciate monk living a simple meditative life in the hills of Tibet. In this fantasy I have milky white skin and spend the days meandering through peaceful meadows while bluebirds swirl happily around my head chirping the melody of zippity doo dah. I am barefoot with soft petal pink toenail polish and a long flowing robe with fancy beading which I know defies the whole renunciate thing but it's a FANTASY. There are also chocolate donuts.

    Or-

  2. Bolstered by the support of trans fats, caffeine, and encouraging phone calls from my wonderful husband, I am one-by-one tackling the daunting list of below to-do's:

  • Find functional dishwasher and stove for basement apartment (Can you believe, I had three different renters who never mentioned the stove and dishwasher do not work? How does this happen?)
  • Locate pest inspector person to soothe buyer's concern about rat droppings near sump pump (apparently this guy has never heard of indoor pets)
  • Call roofer to fix chimney (I want to know, who builds fires anymore? I have not used this fireplace ONCE since I've owned this house.)
  • Find (who?!) to fix fracture in sewer pipe (So turns out when you flush the upstairs toilet a 'mild sewage odor' (is there such a thing?) temporarily fills the basement. Again, hello renters??)
  • Find dude to stand on roof and kill moss. Sell house within 15 minutes before moss grows back.
  • Ask same dude to clean gutters
  • Paint scratches on three doors from demon dogs
  • Hire environmental company to remove asbestos tape in heat registers (three families lived here without growing a third ear but, hey, whatever this buyer wants)
  • Hire heating company to inspect furnace and clean air ducts
  • Beg cousin Danny to fix section of wood floor that demon dogs ruined
  • Reserve Penske truck for move
  • Pack up the rest of our crap
  • Oh yeah, FIND A PLACE TO LIVE for three months
  • Rent a truck. Drive four hours to Twisp. Pack up Court's power tools. Drive four hours back to Seattle.
  • Borrow another truck. Take junk in backyard to dump. Resist urge to dump everything we own.
  • Buy Court's airplane ticket to Seattle.
  • Figure out a way to transport two lovable mutts to their new Colorado home (lovable as in 1,200 miles from me).
  • Brainstorm ways to manipulate friends into helping move out of house (step 1: post shameless blog detailing overwhelming to-do list. Check!)
Countdown begins.

I'll be relying heavily on french fries to get me through the next 17 days.

2 comments:

  1. I did not have your blog info but I love your writing. you know so may big words! -Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. many big words...

    ReplyDelete