Thursday, May 7, 2009

this house










this house has been my constant
a place i've known
my whole life long

this house has been my harbor
where my mother and i lived
when we found ourselves alone

this house has been my joy
a place of celebrations
easters, thanksgivings, christmases,
birthday's, spaghetti dinners,
and countless other gatherings

this house has been my sorrow,
something less than it was before
after grandma died

this house has been my shelter
my refuge after college
and before buying my home
and now before i move away

this house has been my comfort
where i know
and am known

this house
has never been my house
it has been our house
the family house
where we all belong

i will miss this house
the comfort within its walls
the knowing of every nook and cranny

this house

i will miss this house
and the sweet man who lives here
the one who holds us all together

i will miss this house
i will miss my family
i will miss my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment