Sunday, May 10, 2009

woozy across montana

I'm road tripping this weekend with my sister-in-law and nieces to Colorado and along the way we're seeking out kid-friendly attractions in order to keep sane in a 2-door VW GTI with one 6-year-old and one 9-year-old.

Today we went to Silverwood Theme Park and spent the day on roller coasters and spinning machines followed by elephant ears, cotton candy, caramel apples, and ice cream. We topped the day off with five more hours in the car through Montana.

Now at the end of the day I'm feeling a bit like these two guys I captured while at the park and I'm pretty sure it was this ride that did me in: 65 mph, 4.5 Max G-force and a 177-foot drop. I'm a sucker for any roller coaster ride- no matter how high or fast it flips me around, but hours later, I'm still suffering the aftershock of the Aftershock.

I'd spend more time describing our day, like for instance how we accumulated four stuffed animals, a stuffed guitar, and three full-size basketballs to add to our already overstuffed car but I'm on my way to worship Mr. Porcelain God. As they say, a theme park visit isn't a success until you've lost you're cookies and given the current roaring in my belly it seems today's trip to Silverwood is about to be a smashing success.

No comments:

Post a Comment